I am a litigator and a transactional lawyer, who has experience in both private practice and as the former general counsel to a large general engineering contractor. The matters I generally handle vary in size from small business disputes to multi-million dollar class action cases. I know how to handle matters of any size and how to provide quality legal services at economical rates. I recognize that legal services are a great expense to most small and medium business and my goal is provide valuable legal advice at a reasonable cost. Basically, I understand what is involved in litigation, the toll it takes on a business, and how to avoid it.
My practice concentrates on the following practice areas:
- Business disputes and contract negotiations;
- Employment litigation and compliance work;
- Construction law;
- Real estate law;
- Transportation law; and
- Insurance coverage.
I have recovered significant amounts on behalf of my clients and have successfully defended a number of lawsuits. Some of my successes are as follows:
- While representing a large California employer, I was able to settle a wage and hour class action case with two thousand class members;
- Defeated a business dispute by winning a motion for summary adjudication;
- While representing the defendant, I was able to settle a number of employee claims of wrongful termination for token sums;
- Recovered all amounts due to a subcontractor by filing a complaint for breach of contract and enforcement of a stop notice;
My firm generally handles matters on an hourly basis, but will also handle certain matters on a flat fee or contingency fee basis. The firm also has a variety of financing options.
My juris doctor is from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles in 1999 and my bachelor’s degree in business economics is from University of California, Santa Barbara. I am licensed to practice law before all of the Courts in the State of California and my state bar number is 203141.